Sorry, but we gotta do it! Printing can get complicated, just follow these policies and guidlines and everything should be fine. We hope this will also answer any questions you may have.
All design time is invoiced into the closest 15-minute timespan rounding upward.
All materials developed for the client are the property of the client and are held in storage on the client’s behalf for 12 months after the completion and delivery of the requested work. Within the 12-month storage time the client may request a copy of the design files (via email) to be delivered via Dropbox (or a file sharing method of the client’s choice at the discretion of Cole Print & Marketing).
If the client requires the design files on physical media (DVD, CD, External Hard drive, USB thumb drive, or any other hardware device) the client will be responsible for supplying the device or will need to purchase an agreed upon storage device for the transportation and storage of the design documents.
Design documents are delivered in the condition left by the designer at the end of production. No other alterations will be completed in the design documents without the client booking more design time to devote to this purpose.
Client has responsibility to acquire the needed software to utilize the design documents as presented. By placing an order on coleprintmarket.com the client agrees that Cole Print & Marketing is under no responsibility to supply software to the client for using the design documents they request.
Any files kept in Cole Print & Marketing’s storage servers will be considered expired after the 12-month storage period. These files may be kept but could be damaged or destroyed to accommodate other more recent projects. Any request for recovered files after the 12-month storage period is subject to the current conditions of the files. Cole Print & Marketing is NOT responsible for lost or damaged files after this 12-month period.
Local Pickup and Delivery Guidelines
When you place an order, if pick-up is an available option for the product, you will be able to choose pick-up from within the shipping options you are offered. If you choose this option, the product will be available for pick up when the status of the order (on our website) changes to O.K. for Pick-Up and/or we you send an email advising you the order is available for pick-up. Our pick-up hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Limited local delivery is offered. At the time you place an order, if local delivery is available, you will be able to choose it from within the shipping options you are offered. Not all addresses within a delivery zone will be eligible for local delivery, and we reserve the right to refuse to provide local delivery services to anyone.
Although our delivery trucks operate Monday through Friday, depending on the zip code where you are located, delivery may only be scheduled and available on certain days of the week, e.g., Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
We cannot guaranty delivery on any particular day. Even if the delivery date for your zip code or area indicates delivery on a specific day, circumstance may delay actual delivery until the next day or later. Also, because delivery schedules will vary, we cannot guaranty delivery at any given time during the day. A delivery may be made at any time between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
Cole Print and Marketing is not responsible for any problems that are the result of delayed delivery or delivery failure (e.g. loss of business or customer). If you need to have your order by a specific time, we strongly recommend that you plan accordingly: choose the appropriate turnaround time and either elect to pick up the order or select the appropriate UPS overnight delivery option that can meet your schedule.
We reserve the right to withdraw, or change the terms of pick-up and/or local delivery (including changing the eligible delivery zones) at any location without prior notice.
Shipping Policy and Guidelines
If your order is produced in the Concord/Walnut Creek Ca area, you may be able to either pick up your order or take advantage of our local delivery service option. Please review the Local Delivery section of our terms and conditions to see the policies pertaining to your order.
Cole Print and Marketing ships all packages via UPS. Our standard shipping level is UPS Ground or Economy Shipping, our shipping charges are based on the rates charged by the carrier and therefore they may vary from time to time. Unfortunately, we cannot use a customer’s personal account with UPS or any other carrier.
The estimated delivery time for any given shipment will vary according to the method of shipping you choose and/or by your location. Please note that although we make an effort to meet the estimated delivery times, because we use a third party shipping service we are not able to guaranty a specific delivery date or time. If you have time sensitive materials, please make sure you allow sufficient time to receive your order.
If you select a shipping service level other than Standard Shipping the delivery date will correspond to the service level chosen. Again, the delivery date does not include the day of pickup. If you select 3 Day Select, 2nd Air Day, Next Day Air, or some other UPS special delivery level (or their equivalent) this means that UPS is guaranteeing its shipping service within the time period selected. Note that only these special accelerated shipping services are guaranteed by UPS within the UPS time frames given. Standard Shipping is NOT guaranteed to deliver within the estimated arrival time.
Your estimated shipping time is in addition to the order turnaround time you selected during the order process. Add the turnaround time and estimated shipping time together to estimate the actual delivery date.
If you have dated or time sensitive materials, please plan accordingly; leave plenty of time to receive your order. We strongly suggest that in such circumstances you do not rely on Standard Shipping delivery.
Please note, we cannot ship outside of the United States.
Our shipping process cannot generally accommodate the aggregation of multiple print orders for shipping purposes; each discrete product ordered will be shipped separately, will require a separate shipping charge, will have its own estimated shipping time, and may arrive on a different date to other products you have ordered. If you are ordering multiple products, it is possible that estimated shipping time may vary for each separate product. If you are ordering a specially priced package of products, there will be only one shipping charge incurred, however, the individual products may be shipped separately and arrive at different times. If the receipt of multiple products is time sensitive, please plan accordingly as we cannot guaranty that multiple product orders will be received on the same delivery date.
Because UPS does not ship to a Post Office box, it is your responsibility to verify that an actual street address has been entered, and that it is the correct and accurate address (including zip code) for your delivery. Economy Shipping does ship to residential and Post Office Box addresses, however a correct and accurate address is required. We strongly recommend that you include a telephone contact number in your shipping information. We are not responsible for any delays, losses or increased delivery charges caused by mistaken or incorrect delivery addresses. We are not responsible for any delays or losses of product once the product is delivered to the carrier for shipment.
Please verify that your payment information has been correctly entered. Shipments may be delayed because of improper credit card information and we are not responsible for any delay or loss associated with this.
Holidays may affect and delay your shipping times. Please take holidays into account when estimating your package delivery time.
If a package is not delivered due to a customer refusal (which would include a failure to pick up the product from the carrier, if applicable) or an error made by the customer, e.g., not submitting the proper shipping address, it may cause the package to be reshipped (with the corrected address if applicable), and you will be charged an additional shipping fee for this reshipment. You may also incur additional fees as a result of the inability of the carrier to deliver the order, as well as return fees. Even if you decline to have a product reshipped, you will continue to be responsible for the product cost, original shipping and any additional fees incurred as a result of the product being returned, and you consent to these fees being charged against the credit card used for the transaction.
If, after placing an order, you wish to change the shipping address you may do so up until the time the order is out for delivery. Each time that you request that we intercept and transport an order to a new shipping address (i.e., other than the one currently chosen) you will incur an administrative fee of at least twelve dollars and thirty-five cents ($12.35) as well as any increases in the shipping fees and other charges UPS may impose. You consent to these fees and charges being charged against the credit card used for the transaction.
We will make every effort to adhere to the estimated shipping schedule and delivery date for your order. However, equipment failures, technical problems, shipping delays and other problems beyond our control may delay the printing and delivery process. Under such circumstances rush charges and other production fees may be waived or refunded as applicable, however, such delays are not grounds for cancellation of an order. By placing an order with Cole Print and Marketing you are agreeing that we are not responsible or liable for, and no refund, cancellation or credit will be due as a result of shipping company delays, acts of God, weather conditions, environmental or dangerous goods incidents, perils of the air, public enemies, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, acts or omissions of customs officials, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, work stoppages or slowdowns, or other labor disputes or disturbances, civil commotions or hazards incident to a state of war, local or national disruptions in ground or air transportation networks or systems due to events beyond our control, disruption or failure of communication and information systems, disruption or failure of utilities, international customs issues, any other circumstances that are beyond our direct control.
Please take note that if you choose a residential address as your delivery address the carrier will typically not require a signature at the time of delivery and the package may be left at the address.
We guarantee that our printed products will not be defective in accordance with industry standards. You may contact our Customer Service Department and Cole Print and Marketing will be pleased to help address any general issues you may have with your print job.
If you believe your print job is defective or has not otherwise met your requirements, please contact Cole Print and Marketing within six (6) business days of receiving your order. If you do not contact us within this time frame, we will assume that your job was satisfactory upon receipt and will be under no obligation to provide a refund or reprint. Once you have contacted us, we will then have five (5) business days to determine if a reprint or refund is appropriate, or to advise you that more information is needed to process your inquiry. If we request additional information to verify an inquiry and it is not provided within a reasonable time, we will be under no obligation to provide a refund or reprint. If we determined that a product is in fact defective or has not otherwise met our obligations, one of the following two resolutions will be offered:
- We will reprint the print job with rush production.
- We will refund the original order price.
We reserve the right to request samples of any allegedly defective merchandise prior to either of the above resolutions being agreed to.
A refund or reprint will only be possible after an approved solution has been authorized and, unless we agree otherwise, provided that the entire original print order has been returned to and received by us.
A reprint will begin rush production within one (1) business day of our confirmed receipt of the product or such earlier time as we may agree to.
The following are some guidelines and examples of issues that do not constitute grounds for a refund, or a return or reprint of a product:
- An order that is refused at time of delivery or undeliverable orders. (We will reship the product at the customer’s expense if requested).
- The product is lost, delayed or returned to Cole Print and Marketing due to an error made by the customer in submitting the proper shipping address. (For product that is later found or that is returned to us we will reship the package with a corrected address and charge an additional shipping fee for the shipment).
- Product that is delayed in production and/or shipping as a result of the customer providing inaccurate information.
- Product that incurs a higher shipping charge as a result of the customer providing inaccurate information.
- Product that is delayed in production and/or shipping as a result of shipping company delays, acts of God, weather conditions, environmental or dangerous goods incidents, perils of the air, public enemies, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, acts or omissions of customs officials, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, work stoppages or slowdowns, or other labor disputes or disturbances, civil commotions or hazards incident to a state of war, local or national disruptions in ground or air transportation networks or systems due to events beyond our control, disruption or failure of communication and information systems, disruption or failure of utilities, international customs issues, and any other circumstances that are beyond our direct control.
- Product that has experienced a color shift during the conversion to CMYK format, for example as a result of having been submitted by the customer in RGB or PMS Pantone colors.
- Errors that are contained in the uploaded customer file, e.g., misspelling, graphics, bleeds, grammar, damaged fonts, punctuation, wrong cuts, incorrect or missing folds, die lines, crop marks, transparency, overprint, and finished product size. Cole Print and Marketing does not make any changes on customer files submitted, unless the customer pays for the design, re-design or re-formatting of their files upon placing the order.
- Product that experiences print or images that are fuzzy, pixilated or otherwise distorted as a result of the customer providing artwork that is not at a minimum of 300 DPI at 1:1 ratio (or 100%) and/or in CMYK mode.
- Products that do not exactly match color or ink density. Cole Print and Marketing does not color match or match customer specified ink density.
- An inability to print or write on the product, unless the product description states otherwise. A typical UV coated product cannot be printed or written upon. Matte finished products may or may not accept printing or writing. We recommend that you order a sample from us and test it using the printer you will use before placing a final order. Cole Print and Marketing is not responsible for an inability to print or write on a Product, unless the product specifically states that it is suitable for this purpose.
- Orders that are duplicated as a result of customer error.
- Orders that are canceled after the order has entered into production (or any process thereafter).
- Orders that contain dated materials that arrive after the relevant date or with insufficient time to use the material as intended. It is a customer’s responsibility to allow sufficient time when placing an order for time sensitive materials.
- A customer’s violation of any of the terms and conditions governing the use of Cole Print and Marketing’s website and/or ordering of product.
- Loss, corruption of, or damage to your personal information, Customer Content, order history or related information that is stored by Cole Print & Marketing.
- Our failure to notify you of any delay, loss or damage in connection with your printed products or shipment or any inaccuracy in such notice.
- The release of an order by the shipper without obtaining a signature.